For my family– Christmas wasn’t a holiday where we baked. Although, really no holiday was. Shawn’s family did bake for Christmas. Shawn still does bake cookies often during December but that might be because he’s bored when he’s laid off. Typically, the children with time will go to grandma’s house to do some baking. It does seem the more activities get planned, the harder all that is. But before the holidays are over– I want to bake some gooey butter cookies!! It makes my mouth water sooo much!
So, what do we need?
* 8 oz cream cheese
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 egg
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 18.25 oz yellow cake mix
* 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
What are our steps?
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix. Add cake mix and stir until blended.
* Roll 1 inch balls and roll balls in confectioners’ sugar. Place 1 inch apart on un-greased cookie sheet.
* Bake 10-13 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a rack.
We will be making about 24 cookies with this recipe. As delicious as they are, I will probably be making double!
So, what is your favorite baking item? What is one thing you always bake for Christmas or even one that you want to try this holiday season?