I can’t believe that today will be the last day of 2016. I think I’m ready for 2016 to be over but it is so hard to believe how fast it has flown by (adult life). I think that I’m ready to bring on 2017. It’s always so nice to have a “clean slate” at the start of the year.
I don’t think that I can say that 2016 was a bad year for us. Of course, it had it’s challenges. Every year will have it’s challenges. But this year was easier going than the year before for us. There were no major complications this year– and we have had our fair share of complications the years before. So… how has 2016 been for us?
- Shawn and I got married in a cute little outdoor ceremony with our family and some friends present.
- I finally started working full-time. With benefits. I am completely off any kind of assistance and playing the adult life.
- Shawn started working with another company who pays salary.
- Laura got her first real job. She has also kept her first real job! Laura got her state ID card. Laura got her first bank account completely on her own.
- Hailee has been doing great with JROTC and ranking up as she goes. Hailee has stayed up in all honors classes.
- Caleb started high school. Caleb hasn’t been doing so well with high school though. Caleb went through 3 phones– but has kept the last one for the longest!
- Matthew started school at the junior high. Matthew has been learning more and more tricks on his skateboard.
- Morgan turned 18. Morgan has started making plans for her future.